Go to content Go to menu

N 9 - Znojmo and its surroundings, wine pilgrimage

departure from Brno hours 9  

Brno - Znojmo - Znojmo area - Šatov - Brno 
 
return to Brno 18 hours 
 
price 20 Eur os 
 
min 2 paying persons 
 
Price includes: Souvenir DVD with pictures and video from this trip, snacks, beer or 1 bottle of mineral water, cola, sprite 0.5 liters, transport and guide 
Price does not include: admission to the premises 
 

Znojmo Castle                                    Official Website  

Exceptional location, on which it is located Znojmo Castle, provided an appropriate environment for people already in the 4th millennium BC I. Early Bronze Age comes depot significant finding 70 pieces of bronze hřiven.Ostroh was apparently an ancient cult place and it was not a coincidence that in the 2nd half of the 11th century it chose the later Moravian and Czech duke Konrad I and his son Litold as the site for construction of a new wood-aluminum castle. Until then managed Moravian Přemyslids Znojmo region from near Fort St.. Hippolyta. New Castle was obranyschopnější and better guarded old merchant road leading from Austria over Cow Mountain and Thaya valley to the north. In 1 half of the 12 century castle suffered from disputes between Czech and Moravian Přemyslids. At the time, this is the location Mint, where coins were minted Znojmo údělného principality. The castle was the residential place of the Moravian Margrave Konrad Otto and Vladislav Henry, who rebuilt the castle in stone form and solidify strong walls and unusual octagonal tower (called Robber tower collapsed in 1892). After the demise of Znojmo principality end of the 12th century castle burgrave or manage castellans, later royal governors. King Ottokar I founded the fortress in 1222 to 12,226 in the first institutional town in South Moravia. The castle was a place of frequent visits of Czech rulers, who passed through while traveling from the Czech Republic to Austria, and the site of many diplomatic negotiations. King John of Luxemburg here, for example in 1335 the youngest daughter Anna married the Austrian Duke Otto IV. Vesely. During the Hussite Znojmo Castle was solid support King and later Emperor Sigismund, who died in 1437. From 2 half of the 15th century castle is often king stopped and then buying back. In the years 1529-1530 stayed here Queen Mary, widow of Louis Jagiellonian. A few years later, at the time reinforced the Turkish danger, the castle was found to be in very poor condition, so click Moravian Landtag repaired and reinforced. After the suppression of the rebellion Estates castle was confiscated in 1621 from William zástavnímudržiteli Ruppa. After a fire in 1630, although he was as Earth's strength partly repaired, despite its importance and maintenance quickly declined. End of the 17th century, it was already half in ruins. By decree of the Emperor Joseph I in 1709 was devoted to the back of the castle as a fief of the Counts of Deblín. The front of the castle rotunda, robbers tower and stables bought Znojmo townspeople, who in 1720 founded the brewery. Deblínové left the palace for the old castle moat demolished and in its place in the years 1711 -1721 build a new castle with baroque ceremonial courtyard facing the valley of the Thaya. When in 1784 Count Joseph of Deblín died without a male heir, the emperor fell back lock. Inventory was soon sold and then empty castle building throughout the 19th century it served as barracks and occasional military hospital. In 1910 and part of 1922, after the building deblínského city of Znojmo Castle was adapted for the museum. Entrance Hall is decorated with frescoes around 1720 Jan Michael Reich (1686-1732). In špaletách windows are displayed portraits of Czech kings and medallions under the dome of the Habsburg monarchs since the 15th century. Figures of women in the dome represent Allegory of Concord and Glory of Czech lands. 
 

Castle Cornštejn                                        Official Website 

 
Castle Cornštejn (Zornstein) stands in a strategic position west side hilly promontory on three sides obtékaného Thaya River, near the upland settlement from the late Stone Age. Its name is derived from the German Zorn (anger) and Stein (stone, rock), this should be expressed power and strength of the castle. It was built originally in the sovereign territory that belonged to the castle bit and that passed in the late 13th century as a permanent arrest in the hands of noble family Lichtenburk. To strengthen the fortress Bítov to protect the roads connecting Bítov Vranov and finally as the headquarters for their offspring had Raimund of Lichtenburg with the consent of King John of Luxembourg sometime in the 20th of the 14th century to build a castle Cornštejn. First mentioned in a document of the Moravian Margrave Charles of 31 May 1343 on which základěsměli Raimundo sons Smil and Čeněk split Bítov fief castles bit and Cornstejn into three parts. In the mid-14th century, the castle of the dispute between Lichtenburg and the Lords of Hradec, but the year 1363 is given as Lichtenburkovéopět its holders. Originally a small castle with the palace courtyard and let Henry of Lichtenburg in the 2nd 14th century to extend the ring fenced bailey wall. Much more, however, its appearance was Jan of Lichtenburg and Cornstejn, which intensified in the 1 fortification Cornstejn third of the 15th new century barbican with economic and administrative buildings and reinforced through the gates. On the northwest side of the court when he grew a new palace. In 1422 the Hussites tried to conquer the castle. Lichtenburk position of power grew in the 40th of the 15th century to the point. that John of Lichtenburg was able to do battle with neighboring Austria, and even defy even the Roman King Frederick III. In the mid 15th century held Cornštejn Hynek of Lichtenburg and Bítov who refused to swear allegiance to King George of Podebrady and supported by Pope Pius II. launched in 1463 open rebellion. Cornštejn therefore logically became the target of attack by the royal troops. Eleven-month siege Cornstejn (1464-1465), managed by the Governor of Miličín Ulrich lad, became a political event of European importance, because in Lichtenburg stood defiant Pope himself. Eventually, however, was Cornštejn starved, Hynek of Lichtenburg confiscated and given to the lords Krajířúm fief of the lace. Wolfgang Krajir of lace that you put on King Vladislav Jagiello enforced conversion to a free cornštejnského estate holdings, castle repaired and newly fortified in the saddle south of the castle had built a modern fortification with cannon towers. Both castle sites have been upgraded. After 1526 the castle again becomes the property Lichtenburk, master on the bit. Under their rule was in 1542 Cornstejn fortification based on the resolution of the Moravian Provincial Assembly in connection with the Turkish danger recently strengthened. In 1576, as part of the Cornštejn bítovského estate fell into the hands of Štrejnu Švarcenava. who ceased to keep seat. Castle had abandoned. Among the other owners have replaced Jankovský from Vlašimi (1617), Counts of Daun (1788) and Haas of Hasenfels (1912). On the basis of the Benes Decree, the castle was nationalized in 1945. The present appearance of the castle is the result of his extensive reconstruction, which in the 70th 20th century carried the then Regional Centre of State monument care and conservation in Brno. Reconstruction or completion was completed in the mid-80 years, the castle was transferred to the administration of the South Moravian Museum in Znojmo, which is now the most urgent rehabilitation work, allowing access to the ruins of the public. 
 
  
 

Loucky Monastery in Znojmo                          Official Website 

 
Oasis of Heavenly Peace, seducing the place to stop and think - these are ancient monasteries, a former social and economic centers in each region. They attract us, without knowing what they are special. Moreover, in many cases just as the pilgrims welcome with arms wide open. Warm welcome you get in the Premonstratensian monastery in Louka near Znojmo, which was for centuries one of the most important monasteries in Central Europe. 
 
After visiting the monastery you can buy delicious local wines and cheeses of quality Rokiskio 
 

Šatov                                                                Official Website 

 
The history of the village Šatov 
 
Šatov border village is an ancient village, which for its convenient location and favorable natural conditions was colonized already in primeval. The first man appeared here during the ice age and post-glacial. Later he founded his settlement here, the first farmers, as evidenced by the numerous historical records that can be seen in the South Moravian Museum in Znojmo. 
 
Here we visit the famous Cellar wine aisle with the typical architecture 
 
  
 
 
 

 

 
Používáme technologii cookies ke zkvalitnění poskytování našich služeb. Procházením stránky souhlasíte s jejich používáním. Více informací můžete najít na této stránce.×