Go to content Go to menu

N 7 - The best from Brno city

departure from Brno hours 9

Tughendhat Villa - Petrov - Špilberk - the Capuchin Crypt - ossuary at St. James
 
arrival in Brno 18
Price 20 EUR
 min  2 paying persons
 
Price includes: Souvenir DVD with pictures and video from this trip, snacks, beer or 1 bottle of mineral water, cola, sprite 0.5 liters, transport and guide
 

villa Tughendhat                                  Official Website

Villa Tugendhat in Brno is a unique functionalist work of the German architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, developed in 1928, at the request of Mrs. Grete and Fritz Tugendhat, the design of the building. In 2001, Villa Tugendhat listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
 
The villa is known, along with the German pavilion in Barcelona (1929), for the most outstanding pre-war work of Mies van der Rohe building, which set new standards of modern living. Among the key works of modern architecture - functionalism. The author is considered one of the fathers of modern architecture of the 20th century.
 
Known is mainly glazed main living area with conservatory. The house was in his dvobě groundbreaking for several reasons:
 
uninterrupted livable space
 
windows of the main living space was possible to run the floor and interior communion with nature in the garden was very impressive
 
bearing system of the building consists of a steel frame, ceilings therefore do not carry the wall, but only riveted steel columns profile "+", in the living rooms covered with chrome plate.
 
The building was also equipped with an elegant and sensitively designed furniture from the very architect Mies van der Rohe. That he used part of the furniture he designed for the German Pavilion at Expo in Barcelona. Set of 4 pieces of furniture, and in 2011 located in the Moravian Gallery, was on 21 Second 2008 recognized as a cultural monument more information here
 
Petrov                                        web wikipedia
 
A few words about Brno Cathedral
 
Petrov hill with cathedral invites all to visit, whether you come to Brno from any of the compass. Let's at least in the short history to bring this exceptional place.
 
According to the latest findings date back to the beginnings of the church in the 70 Peter years of the 12th century. In the Gothic period has undergone several reconstructions. The original church no longer enough and was replaced by a larger, also increased its importance, especially after the 1296 Petrov became the seat of the Collegiate Chapter.
 
The Chapter is a group of diocesan priests, whose duty has always been a common prayer and solemn worship. Membership in the Chapter has always been considered an honor, it was granted a worthy priests who have proven their quality and human priesthood. Assisted the bishop in administering the diocese and were entrusted to them other tasks. more info here
 

Špilberk                                           Official Website

Špilberk Castle For over seven centuries, has dominated the city of Brno, which in the past provided a sense of security and protection. There were also, however, the history and the moment Špilberk strength in contrast Brňany aroused feelings of threat and fear.
 
Over the centuries, the meaning and role of Špilberk substantially changed. From the front of the Royal Castle, seat of the Moravian Margraves gradually became a huge baroque fortress, the heaviest prison in the Austrian monarchy - the famous "prison of nations" - and military barracks. Today is the seat of the Brno City Museum and one of the most important cultural centers in Brno, in 1962, it was declared a national cultural monument.
 
The castle was founded around the mid-13th century on the flat (290 m), but relatively steep rocky hill, towering directly above the historic city center (about 220 m). His client, the Czech King Otakar II., Was generously conceived not only as a solid pillar of royal power, but also as a dignified residence of the rulers of Moravia. The earliest written reports of the Castle relate to the years 1277 to 1279, when it gradually resemble the castle chapel of the Assembly in its premises (January 1278) and finally the name of the hill, soon also transferred to the castle itself. Czech sovereigns attended Špilberk but rather only occasionally, which was true for a young Moravian Margrave and later Czech King Charles, whose first wife Blanka here in 1337 stayed the forced departure from Prague.
 
more here
 

Capuchin crypt                           official website

Funeral room most famous part of Friars Minor Capuchin monastery still remains a tomb located in the basement. It was founded in the mid 17th century, and its authorship is ascribed builders Moritz Grimm. The tomb was probably finish basements of houses that stood on the site of the monastery. This is evidenced by unequal height floors and ceilings in different parts of the crypt.  more here
 

St. Jacob ossuary                 official website

 
The cemetery at the church. James in today's Jakubské square existed in the early 13th century. Like other urban cemeteries was established inside the walls that prevented subsequent expansion. Capacity soon ceased to suffice the needs of the growing city and it was established barter system Burial: after 10 to 12 years from the burial tomb was opened, removed and remains in the same place he was buried next deceased. The content of the original graves are then saved in special underground facilities - Osario or ossuaries.
more here

 

 

Articles

The exhibition of orchids in Brno

2014-08-03

 
Entire article
| Section: N 7 - The best from Brno city | Comments: 0
 

 

 
Používáme technologii cookies ke zkvalitnění poskytování našich služeb. Procházením stránky souhlasíte s jejich používáním. Více informací můžete najít na této stránce.×